Assistant Teacher for the Lower School:
Greene Hill School is looking for assistant teachers for our lower school (ages 4-8). Assistant teachers are important members of a team working together to uphold the mission and values of Greene Hill School, both in and out of the classroom. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Overseeing lunch and daily outdoor activities.
- Working with the head teacher to establish and maintain open lines of communication with families and the larger community.
- Participating in staff development provided by the administration of the school.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings and school open houses.
- Sharing leadership of the afterschool program.
Qualified candidates will be organized, strong, caring individuals who are also flexible and have a sense of adventure. A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or work toward a Master’s degree and experience working with children are required. Regular work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., plus weekly staff meeting and some evening commitments.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jaime L. Quackenbush, Lower School Director, at email@example.com.
If you are interested in working at Greene Hill School as a substitute teacher or in our afterschool program please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Teacher – Part-time position
Greene Hill School seeks a part-time Technology Teacher for the 2016-2017 academic year. Candidates should have a passion for making, design and STEAM education as well as experience working with students in an educational environment. Over the past few years students have engaged with the following programs and processes: Scratch Animation, Circuitry, MakeSense!, MakeyMakey, Arduino and Robotics. Responsibilities will include developing and leading ongoing cross-age collaborations and school wide initiatives. S/he will also support teachers in integrating technology into their curriculum.
- Teaching students grades 2 – 8 creative programming techniques
- Imagining, defining, and providing best practice technology integration
- Working to provide technical and special project support as needed.
- Teaching experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and with enthusiasm
- Comfort using a variety of technical programs and willingness to learn others
This position is part-time, approximately one day a week.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.