Assistant Teacher for the Lower School:
Greene Hill School is looking for assistant teachers for our lower school (ages 4-8). Assistant teachers are important members of a team working together to uphold the mission and values of Greene Hill School, both in and out of the classroom. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Overseeing lunch and daily outdoor activities.
- Working with the head teacher to establish and maintain open lines of communication with families and the larger community.
- Participating in staff development provided by the administration of the school.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings and school open houses.
- Sharing leadership of the afterschool program.
Qualified candidates will be organized, strong, caring individuals who are also flexible and have a sense of adventure. A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or work toward a Master’s degree and experience working with children are required. Regular work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., plus weekly staff meeting and some evening commitments.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jaime L. Quackenbush, Lower School Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in working at Greene Hill School as a substitute teacher or in our afterschool program please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.