If you are interested in being a substitute teacher at Greene Hill School, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Title: Business Manager
As the business manager, you’ll be a key member of the school team and will report to the School Director. This position requires a strong bookkeeping and payroll background and the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively. A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, and assume full ownership of their role. This is an exciting opportunity for team players who are passionate about education and bringing their skills to a growing school environment. This is a part-time role (20-25 hours per week).
- Manage accounts payable and receivable functions
- Function as main contact for families on tuition fees and billing.
- Handle daily bookkeeping, including recording entries related to debit card use, entering invoices, cash receipts and EFTs, issuing checks for signatures/disbursement.
- Ensure school orders are appropriately tracked and closed out according to the school’s procurement policies.
- Maintain compliance with the school’s Financial Policies & Procedures
- File financial documents and records.
- Use accrual accounting method for entries including correct dates and descriptions
- Correctly code expenses using existing COA and budget
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Research document discrepancies with clients and/or vendors
- Assist with the annual audit and preparation of periodic internal and external financial reports
- Assist with grant spending plans and tracking.
- Assist with 1099 and 990 filings.
- Process payroll for 40+ staff members
- Enroll and administer benefits for all eligible staff members
- Reconcile W-2s and quarterly payroll filings
- Collect staff timesheets and investigate any discrepancies
- Process new hires and maintain employee records
- Maintain and create HR files with required documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), QuickBooks, and other Financial Management Systems
- Proficiency with FACTS tuition platform
- Proficiency with payroll management software (ADP, Paychex, etc.)
- Solid Knowledge of GAAP and practices as they apply to not-for-profit organizations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- The highest level of professional integrity
- Ability to multitask and remain accurate and organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize work and set priorities to meet changing deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with families and staff
- Possess an open and collaborative style characteristic of a team player.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping and payroll experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization
- Prior experience working in a school environment is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.